Comprehensive Health Care for Children
Care4Kids creates a "medical home" for each child entering care. This "medical home" is not a physical place, but rather a philosophy that children in out-of-home care (OHC) deserve coordinated and comprehensive healthcare that addresses their unique needs.
Interested in Care4Kids?
Through Care4Kids, children in out-of-home care will receive:
- An out-of-home health screen within 2 business days of entering care
- A comprehensive initial health assessment within 30 days of entering care
- Mental Health/Developmental Screening
- A mental health or developmental evaluation(s) (if needed)
- Dental and vision care
- Coordinated ongoing health care from providers trained in the unique needs of children in out-of-home care
- A comprehensive health care plan tailored to the child's individual health needs
- Care4Kids member handbook (English) (Spanish)
Want to know more about the Care4Kids Program?
The Care4Kids Journey
Read the story of one young woman's journey through the Care4Kids program.
Proudly Serving Select Communities
Care4Kids serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: