CCHP has a team of HMO Member Advocates who are dedicated to helping our members. The role of a Member Advocate is very important to the organization. Their responsibilities include:
- Answering member questions and concerns related to accessing health care.
- Helping members find in-network providers, schedule appointments, find transportation and other resources, resolve member billing issues and review eligibility in the BadgerCare Plus program.
- Working closely with the nursing staff to assist them in making sure the member receives the most appropriate care.
- Serving as the CCHP contact among local, county and state agencies and are responsible for educating staff on cultural sensitivity issues.
- Developing relationships with community organizations and advocacy groups.
- Engaging in community outreach and education, attend health fairs and educate members on their health benefits through CCHP.
CCHP’s Member Advocates can provide our members customized care, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. You can reach the Member Advocates by calling 1-877-900-2247 or emailing CCHPMemberAdvocates@chorushealthplans.org.
Meet the HMO Member Advocates
Nicole brings over 17 years of experience in the health care field, in which she provided dental and medical advocacy through the clinic setting. She is passionate about helping members navigate their insurance and the services that are offered to them. She believes that being well informed has a positive contribution to their overall health and wellbeing. Nicole enjoys community outreach events and assisting in educational workshops.
Elizabeth has more than 17 years in the dental profession and brings a high level energy and enthusiasm to the team. Prior to her employment at CCHP, she served as the lead dental assistant in Milwaukee. Elizabeth chose her profession as a result of personal family experiences. Her passion is to change behaviors and strives to break cultural misunderstanding, provide more resources and information as it relates to health care across all communities. Elizabeth enjoys helping and educating others about the importance of oral health and how it can impact your overall health.