Now more than ever staying connected is critical. Overall health and well-being starts in our communities and CCHP is committed to sharing the various resources available in a community near you. Below is a list of helpful websites that share valuable information about resources available. In addition to the resources below, Milwaukee County is committed to keeping you safe and informed. Read the Coronavirus Community Resources Guide to learn about resources that may be available.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
Health Connections, Inc. is hosting vaccination clinics every Tuesday and Friday from 10am-2pm at the Northcott Neighborhood House located at 2460 NB. 6th Street, Milwaukee WI 53212. All doses and booster doses are available.
Visit our events page for Chorus Community Health Plans hosted vaccine clinics in a community near you! You can also visit the CDC website to find a vaccine location.
Health and Human Services Departments by County
- Wisconsin Department of Children & Families
- Zero to Three - the national center for infants, toddlers and families
- The Wisconsin Child Support Agency has information for Custodial parents on applying for child support services and Noncustodial parents on requesting a modification(changing your order). If your income has changed, you may want to look into having your order adjusted.
Food, Housing and Meal Support
- Impact 211
- 211 Wisconsin Food Pantries. 211 is available to help with all kinds of needs, in every part of the state. Enter your zip code into the Wisconsin 211 website to learn about food pantries in your area.
- Schools and other sites across Wisconsin offering free meals
- Feeding America supplies locations all over the North Side. Visit its website for a full list of locations and hours. Before visiting a location, call to ensure it is still open.
- Boys and Girls clubs: Providing three meals a day at some locations, info here.
- If you have a food, transportation, or housing need CCHP may be able to help. Please contact our Member Advocate team at 1-877-900-2247 to discuss our available resources.
The State of Wisconsin has programs to help low-income households with:
- Food—through FoodShare (also known as SNAP or food stamps)
- Health care—through BadgerCare Plus and Wisconsin Medicaid
- Child care expenses—through Wisconsin Shares
- Income and job readiness—through W-2 (also known as Wisconsin Works)
Anyone can use the ACCESS website at any time to see if you might be eligible for any of these programs or to apply for assistance. You can also apply by contacting your local income maintenance agency.
- Questions about unemployment during the COVID-19 crisis: https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/covid19/public/ui.htm
- Apply for unemployment benefits: my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
- Job Center of Wisconsin offers free internet access to file for unemployment insurance and to search for a job.
Domestic Violence Support
Public Transit Information
- Read the updated public transit guidelines found here
- If you have a transportation need CCHP may be able to help. Please contact our Member
- Advocate team at 1-877-900-2247 to discuss our available resources.
Prescription Medication Assistance
Small Business Support
- Loans for small businesses and other support: https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/covid-19-response/
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Coronavirus Relief Options
SBA Coronavirus Newsletter/Updates
- Help from Wisconsin SBA Partners: SBA partners statewide can assist with the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application process and help you address your specific situation.
- Free online workouts
- Corepower Yoga offers several free online yoga videos.
- Signature Dance is live streaming online dance classes.
- Planet Fitness is offering free live workouts on their Facebook at 7 PM/EST every night
- 30 Days of Families Learning Together is a guidebook to a month’s worth of family literacy activities designed to inspire family memories rooted in imagining, playing and learning together. (Also available in Spanish)
- The Milwaukee County Zoo is constantly posting live feeds/videos of the animals on their Facebook page.
- Discovery World live streaming from the aquarium.
- Safe and Sound is hosting youth discussions online every afternoon from 3-4 p.m. on Zoom and on Facebook Live.