We’ll make it easier with this handy checklist. The six-week Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment period for you or your family to purchase health insurance coverage starts November 1, 2020 and runs through December 15, 2020. Coverage will be effective January 1, 2021.
To help you prepare to enroll in coverage, re-enroll or change your existing plan, use this checklist.
1. Know the key dates
- November 1, 2020 -- Open Enrollment begins and you can purchase plans on the Marketplace.
- December 15, 2020 – Open Enrollment ends. If you want health insurance coverage for 2021, you will need to purchase a plan by this date.
- January 1, 2021 – Coverage begins as long as premium is paid.
There are times outside Open Enrollment where you can apply for coverage. Learn more about these Special Enrollment periods
2. Review your options
CCHP’s 2021 plans will be available by early October 2020. Pricing for these plans will be available starting November 1, 2020.
CCHP will offer eight plans, including a High Deductible HSA qualified plan and a Catastrophic plan available to members under the age of 30. CCHP will also offer an Off-Exchange only Silver Choice plan. This can be purchased directly through our website and may be a lower price than our On-Exchange Silver plans. With the Silver Choice plan, you cannot use Advanced Premium Tax Credits or Cost-Share Reduction benefits.
3. Prepare your info
When you apply for or renew your coverage, you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household including:
- The names and social security numbers of every household member
- Household income
- Employer information for each person in your household
- How you file your federal income taxes
- Immigrant document information (if applicable)
4. Ask for help
CCHP is here to answer your questions. You can speak with a member of our local support team directly at 844-708-3837. You can also speak to your health insurance agent.