For some members, antipsychotic medications play an important role in their treatment plans. Clinical guidelines recommend routine metabolic monitoring laboratory testing for all children and adolescents prescribed these medications. Going to a lab appointment isn’t always easy. That’s why Children’s Community Health Plan is pleased to now offer an option to receive an At-Home Lab Kit through Quest Diagnostics.
Who Qualifies? Your patient could be could be eligible to receive an At-Home Lab Kit from Quest Diagnostics if:
- They are a current CCHP Medicaid or Care4Kids Medicaid member, AND
- They are 17 years or younger, AND
- They are currently prescribed an antipsychotic medication
Monitoring for Adverse Metabolic Effects from Antipsychotics: At-Home Lab Kit Service
- Who is the kit from? CCHP has partnered with Quest Diagnostics to offer this at-home lab kit to our members.
- Who is Quest Diagnostics? Quest Diagnostics is a lab provider in CCHP’s network.
- What is included in the At-Home Lab Kit?
- Is the At-Home Lab Kit covered by my child’s insurance? This lab kit is a covered benefit for members of CCHP Medicaid and Care4Kids Medicaid.
- Is there any out-of-pocket cost? No. CCHP covers 100% of the costs for the at-home lab kit. The kit includes a pre-paid envelope to send the completed kit back to Quest Diagnostics. This means you don’t need to pay for any stamps or postage.
- Will I get a bill from Quest Diagnostics or my child’s doctor? You should not receive a bill from Quest Diagnostics or your child’s doctor. If you do receive a bill, please contact CCHP’s Member Advocates.
CCHP wants to make it easy for children prescribed antipsychotic medications to complete their lab tests. With this at-home lab kit, no appointment is needed at a lab facility. The member can complete this at-home lab kit when it is convenient for them and their family.
- What clinical guidelines were used to inform this service? Clinical Guideline for use in the Foster Care Population; Clinical Guideline for use in the Non-Foster Care Population.
- Which lab tests are included? Hemoglobin A1c and LDL-C.
Current members of CCHP Medicaid and Care4Kids Medicaid who are: 1) between 1-17 years of age; and 2) is currently prescribed an antipsychotic medication (click here for a list of antipsychotic medications).
- For members of Care4Kids Medicaid, their current Care Coordinator will contact the member (and their legal guardian/caregiver).
- For members of CCHP Medicaid, a Case Manager from our Case Management team will contact the member (and their legal guardian/caregiver).
- If CCHP initiated the contact with the member, once we have obtained consent from the legal guardian/caregiver, CCHP staff will contact your office to request orders for this At-Home Lab Kit.
- If you know of a CCHP member who may be eligible to receive this At-Home Lab Kit, you may contact us at 414-266-3268 to speak to our Home Lab Kit Service team, who can assist you.
Contact us by phone: Providers can call 414-266-3268 to speak with our At-Home Lab Kit Service team. Members and their families can call 1-855-371-8104 (if they are a Care4Kids member) or 1-877-227-1142 (if they are a CCHP member).
Quest Diagnostics will fax a copy of the lab results report to the fax number you provided on the Home Lab Kit Order Form.
Yes. Please call 414-266-3268 to speak to our Home Lab Kit Service team, who will notify the Case Manager or Care Coordinator assigned to your member’s case that you need assistance in contacting the member.