Asthma Health Care Program
CCHP uses clinical guidelines* to support our members and/or their caregivers with asthma treatment, management tools and educational opportunities through our Asthma Health Management Program.
We are an integrated care team whose approach is to provide education, self-management support and connection to resources. Our goal is to enhance CCHP members’ ability to manage their condition(s) and improve overall health outcomes and quality of life. CCHP is also proud to offer these resources to our providers and community partners.
The Asthma Health Management Program is available to both Medicaid and Individual and Family Plan members.
Program Enrollment & Benefits
You and your child(ren) are able to participate in this asthma program. The program is free and voluntary. Your child(ren) have been automatically enrolled if:
- They are a current member;
- They are between 5 and 17 years old; and
- They have asthma.
Benefits of the asthma program include:
- Newsletters every 3 months
- Access to CCHP’s Wellness Portal
- Asthma tools and resources
- Support from nurses and health care staff
- Access to Community Services
To speak with our Health Program team or to opt out of the program, please call (414) 266-3173 or email us at CCHP-DM@chw.org.
* CCHP has adopted the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (quick reference) and applies treatment based on the results of the assessment.
CCHP is proud to offer a Community Health Asthma Management Program (CHAMP) which is a free program that provides education and resources to help you manage your child’s asthma.
This program offers:
- Two in-home visits by a licensed health care professional to provide education on asthma and the early warning signs of asthma attacks, review current asthma medications and correct way to use inhalers, a review of common household asthma triggers and a home walk-through to identify existing triggers.
- Personalized recommendations with a plan for reducing triggers found during home walk-through.
- Review of your child’s asthma action (management) plan to ensure it is up to date.
- Follow-up calls at two weeks, three months and six months to check on progress of asthma goals.
To learn more about CHAMP please call 414-345-7833 or email AsthmaHomeReferral@chw.org.